Project Venue: Rekascape, Cyberjaya ( Malaysia )
Rekascape Aquaponics Urban Farm First Harvest Attended by "Sustainability Heroes" from Cyberview Sdn Bhd, Majlis Perbandaran Sepang and Sustainable Energy Development Authority Malaysia (SEDA)
By making urban farming a permanent aspect of our urban centers, we hope to benefit our communities in several ways;
- Reduce the competition on resources such as land, food and other environmental resources.
- Supplementing the national food supply from rural areas.
- Combat urban poverty, food insecurity and malnutrition to improve peoples’ mental and overall physiological health.
- Stabilize prices in the food market.
- Promote a collaborative society involved in agricultural education and formulation of policies.
- Provide solutions for sustainable agricultural methods to minimize agricultural waste, prevent depletion of environmental resources and consequent ecological and health impact.
Cyberjaya Farmer Market - The first farmer market in Malaysia that customers can celf-pluck FRESH and LIVELY vegetables from the connected urban vertical farm. We looking forward Agri-market concept that integrated Agriculture base with marketplace in bigger scale will come true.
Urban farming can go a long way if the right skills are utilized. It comes with several benefits, among them economic transcendence. For instance, job creation and an extra income are apparent. Anyone, and especially in Malaysia where population increases constantly, should practice this type of farming.
Aquaponics Urban Farming Workshop - Knowledge empowered communities.
Click On Below Link To View The Process of Setting Up a Vertical Aquaponics System